As we know, they say you are what you eat and this stands true even more so when it comes to your gums and teeth. It’s important to be conscious of what you eat as some foods fight the buildup of plaque and tartar whilst others promote the production of bad bacteria and prompt tooth decay. Simply put, it’s best to increase the good foods and decrease the bad ones, because you’re not just feeding yourself but rather a ton of bacteria that thrive off certain foods if we’re not careful!
One of the most important vitamins for great oral health is vitamin D, being essential for effective calcium absorption and usage by the body. A nutrient-dense food packed with both calcium and Vitamin D is salmon, the star of the show. Loaded with fatty acids that your body needs for multiple processes, this superfood is ideal for healthy and strong teeth.
Try out this super easy recipe that’s not only delicious but great for you too
Baked Salmon & Asparagus for Strong Teeth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the salmon fillets and pat them dry.
- Place them in an ovenproof dish and brush the salmon with butter and herbs of your choice, top with half crescent slices of lemon.
- Rinse asparagus and pat dry. Add to the oven dish alongside the salmon and season as desired, top with lemon juice.
- Place the oven dish in the oven. Leave to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Plate and serve. Enjoy!