Looking for healthy lunch options for work or school? We’ve got you recovered with this delicious and fresh recipe that adults and kids alike will love! Plus, it’s packed with tooth-friendly ingredients to keep your smile happy and healthy. Yogurt is jam-packed with calcium that is great for teeth and bones, plus it helps with toothache and oral pain thanks to all the good bacteria it has! Chicken has all the protein needed to protect tooth enamel too, so it truly is a winner overall!
Lemon & Yogurt Chicken Flatbreads
Prep time: 20
Cooking time: 10 mins (+ 1hr to marinate)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 flatbreads
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- ¼ red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, finely chopped
- Put the chicken in a bowl. Zest the lemon with a vegetable peeler, then juice the lemon too. Add the peel and half the juice to the chicken, along with the oregano (if using), garlic, cinnamon and oil. Mix well, cover and chill for an hour. The lemon juice will start to ‘cook’ the chicken, so don’t leave for longer.
- Heat the barbeque. If you are using coals, wait until they turn white. If you are indoors, heat a griddle pan. Season the chicken as you desire and thread the chicken strips onto a couple of metal skewers to stop them falling through the grate (you don’t need to do this for the griddle). Grill for a couple of mins each side. The strips will cook through quickly so don’t leave them too long.
- Warm the flatbreads on the edge of the barbeque (or on the griddle) for a minute, then transfer them to plates and spread each with ½ tbsp yogurt. Divide the chicken strips between them, then dot on the remaining yogurt and sprinkle over the pepper and lettuce.
Fold or roll the flatbreads to eat. Enjoy!