Seven Tips for Choosing Dental Care for Your Family
Ensuring that you get right family dental care can seem daunting because each member of the family has different treatment needs. What do you need to pay attention to when considering dental care package for your family? We have put together a list of seven tips for you to note before making a decision.
- Talk to your current local dentist. Find out about other options that are available to you. Minovi Dental gives you a comprehensive overview of options that considers your family’s needs, your current coverage and possible alternatives.
- Know your treatment options. In cases where you already have a dental care plan and you are considering upgrading or updating your coverage, it pays to discuss your family’s treatment needs before doing so. Ask your dentist to help you understand some of you dental coverage restrictions and what the recommended care treatment needs are.
- Remember, Monthly Fees and Hidden Charges. Not necessarily ‘hidden’. But read the fine print. Consider co-pays, deductibles and all the other associated treatment expenses and annual limits. Your dentist will understand that you will want the best care possible without breaking the bank.
- Waiting times. Depending on the treatment required, sometimes insurance carriers require waiting periods. Talk to your dentist if the treatment required by any member of your family requires waiting time, and then ask for possible alternative options.
- Location. Location. Location. You would want to consider this factor because saving on insurance and/or dental treatment is not all there is to it if you have to incur travel time and mileage.
- Family profile. Discuss specific dental care needs of each family member. For example, every member of your family should get regular preventive care like exams, X-rays, and cleanings, fluoride treatments.
- Family activities. In most cases you will also need to organize around everyone’s schedules and activities. Some young kids and school aged kids probably need room for emergency dental care coverage especially if they are engaged in active, high-contact sports activities. Not everyone can go at the same time and visits to your dentist can be planned in advance so that it works for you and your family.
Minovi Dental in Dupont Circle, Washington, D.C. offers the following dental procedures: bonding, bridges, cosmetic, crowns, full and partial dentures, general and preventative, implants, Invisalign®, teeth whitening, restorative, veneers. Call today 202-822-8777 to schedule a consultation with us or click here.